Have you ever faced an insurmountable barrier?
If so, a Finnish idea may help you solve that problem. Sisu is a concept that means strength of will, determination, perseverance. It’s kind of like stoicism.
Finnish author Joanna Nylund delves into this concept in her book Sisu: The Finish Art of Courage, which was published in 2018.
I recently had the chance to catch up with Joanna and in this interview, she explains:
- What exactly Sisu is and why it's so useful
- How this Finish concept can help become a better entrepreneur, writer or author
- Her process for writing the book Sisu: The Finnish Art of Courage
- Why she uses so many visual elements in her book
- How photography informs her writing and creative work
I started by asking Joanna how she went about explaining a finish concept outside of her native country.
Would you like a discount for grammar checker? If so, check out my ProWritingAid review.